Forum de discussion de la famille Lavoie

Forum créé le 5/7/2001 08:52 et administré par Administrateur Site Lavoie

Obtenez 1000 visiteurs rapidement !
Obtenez 1000 visiteurs rapidement !
Outils webmasters Compteur Chat Forum Sondage Découverte Référeur

M'inscrire M'inscrire Me connecter Me connecter Mot de passe oublié Mot de passe oublié Retour au forum Retour au forum

Pages: 1
Poster un nouveau message Répondre au message
Auteur Message
   Trier par date décroissante
maa
Posté le:
22/5/2009 15:59
Sujet du message:
Ralph E. Lavoie - Obituary
Répondre            
Email:
maudette000@sympatico.ca

My Uncle a true Hero of WWII on this Memorial Day Weekend I wanted to share his story with you.

Name:Ralph E. LavoieDates:Birth date: April 20, 1921Death date: May 09, 2009 Obituary: Hampton, NHRalph E. Lavoie, 88, of Hampton, NH and formerly of Rindge, NH and Fitchburg, MA, died Saturday May 9, 2009, in Hampton after a period of failing health. He was born in Fitchburg, MA, on April 20, 1921, son of the late Joseph and Stella (Loyzell) Lavoie. He lived in Fitchburg for 50 years and had attended St. Bernard’s Grade and High School, graduating in 1939.He entered the military in September, 1942 from Fitchburg. He was a member of the U.S. Army’s 8th Air Force as a Ball Turret Gunner on B-17s. He was shot down over Germany on June 25, 1943 and spent 15 months as a Prisoner of War at Stalag 7-S and Stalag 17. He was seriously wounded in an escape attempt in December 1943, and was repatriated back to the United States in September 1944 in an exchange of wounded prisoners. Mr. Lavoie was the first Fitchburg native to return from a German prison camp. He was hospitalized for two years and received a medical discharge in 1946. Mr. Lavoie was awarded the Purple Heart, Prisoner of War Medal and the European Theater Medal. He retired in 1968 after having worked for the First National Stores for many years and moved to New Hampshire in 1972. Mr. Lavoie was a member of St. Patrick’s Church in Jaffrey, NH. He was very active in veteran’s affairs, acting as Quartermaster of VFW Post 5613 of Jaffrey. He was also active with the Cathedral of the Pines in Rindge, as a tour guide, serving on the Board of Trustees and as Trustee Emeritus in the Cathedral organization. He was also a life member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, the Disabled American Veterans, American Ex-Prisoners of War and the Order of the Purple Heart. He also belonged to the American Legion and was a member of the 8th Air Force Historical Society.His wife of 57 years, Mary Kendall, died in February of 2002. He is survived by four sons, Charles of Wilbraham, MA, Thomas of Richmond, NH, Richard of Boston, and James of Lunenburg, MA, 10 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren. He is also survived by his sister, Edith Amburgey of Fitchburg and many nieces, nephews, cousins and close friends.He was grateful for the excellent care he received at the Haven Health Center in Hampton, NH and the many friends he had there.Memorials:In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Cathedral of the Pines, 10 Hale Hill Road, Rindge, NH 03461 or to the charity of one’s choice.Visitation:Family and friends are warmly invited to calling hours which will be held on Tuesday morning, May 12, 2009 from 9:30 to 11:00 AM at the Cournoyer Funeral Home & Cremation Center, 33 River Street (Route 202) Jaffrey.Service:A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated immediately following Calling Hours at 11:00 AM at Saint Patrick Church, 89 Main Street in Jaffrey. Rev. Wilfred Deschamps will be the celebrant. Cemetery:Burial will be in Arlington National Cemetery at the family’s convenience.

sitelavoie
Posté le:
24/5/2009 15:25
Sujet du message:
Info on Ralph E. Lavoie
Répondre            
Email:
sitelavoie@hotmail.com
Site Internet:
http://famillelavoie.org
Thank you so much for sharing this information with the Lavoie Association. We will enter as much data as we can from your email into our database to preserve the information for future generations.
The actual update of the online database on our Association website is not scheduled yet but an update message on our website will indicate the last update.

Thanks again,

Paul-Antoine Lavoie
President,
Lavoie Family Association.

Poster un nouveau message Répondre au message
  Pages: 1

M'inscrire M'inscrire Me connecter Me connecter Mot de passe oublié Mot de passe oublié Retour au forum Retour au forum